I have had a few people asking me how I manage to find decent things in TK Maxx, so I thought I would produce a list of my top 10 tips!
- Do a dedicated TK Maxx trip. You have a greater chance of finding things if you are not rushing to get to the rest of the shops!
- Look through all the rails, things often get put back in the wrong places! Fab pair of jeans amongst prom dresses, who would of thought!
- Do not limit yourself to looking only within your size range. With items coming from hundreds of stockists it means a generous size 6 could actually be a 10-12(I kid you not!) or a stingy size 14 could be a perfect size 10!
- Shoes and bags are one of the main areas you can really make a saving on designer products.
- Check out their beauty/toiletry products, Tigi hair care 1/2 price, St Moriz fake tan(essentially the same as St Tropez!) at £4.99, Nails Inc sets at amazing prices!
- If in doubt, buy! It may go against the grain but the chances are they only have 1 or 2 of the item in your size so it probably won't still be there when you come back next weekend! With a 14 day return policy you can always return it if you change your mind!
- Always remember to check for missing belts on dress/laces on shoes/faulty zips,things you could replace/repair yourself. If it doesn't state on the label that the item has been reduced due to said missing belt/faulty zip etc there could be further discount available!
- TK Maxx now have a website, so you can get your bargain fix from the comfort of your sofa!
- Don't forgot the home section! It is a treasure trove of designer kitchenware, amazing garden sculptures, books, storage trunks and so much more!
- You need 2 things in TK Maxx, time and patience!
TK Maxx have not asked me to provide these tips, I am just responding to questions I have been asked :)