Sunday 29 August 2010

Lady Bug Says ... Lavender Girl

Afternoon ladies!
Hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend! It has just started raining here so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to do a blog post!
Yesterday(when it was actually quite sunny!) I cycled to the village near my house, it was their carnival weekend so there were lots of stalls set up along the street and second hand bargains to be had! Trying to cycle home with my bag off goodies wasn't so easy!
I managed to pick up a copy of Sophie Kinsella's 'Can You Keep A Secret?' which was recently recommended by the lovely Audrey Allure for the princely sum of £1 :)
Here is an outfit from Thursday last week.

Top, Max C, Won in giveaway at We Shop Therefore We Are, Cropped Jeans, Next Clearance £4



Outfit total £6!(a record for me maybe?!)
I have never owned a lavender item for clothing so when I was given a choice of receiving this top in either nude or lavender I thought it was a good opportunity to expand my purple horizon!
Are the any colours that you have steered clear of in the past?

10 comments:

  1. I love lavender, though I think deeper purples are a stay clear for me anyway. This colour looks perfect, a real elegant material too.

    I have read that Can You Keep A Secret? book by Sophie Kinsella, I think you will enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is such a pretty top! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavendar really suits you.
    I steer clear of really bright colours as they pale me out. I love nudes, greys and quite calm colours.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the lavender top is gorgeous! I don't wear a lot of red as I think it clashes with my blonde hair... although this may be entirely made up! You look fab, I love those Primark shoes. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top looks gorgeous on you, luv. I'm sooo glad you won. xx
    http://www.weshopthereforeweare.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty colour on you and a great win.
    I seem to be able to carry off far more colours since my hair went dark. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a bit wary of shades of purple but I think you made a wise move to go for this rather than the nude shade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love purple. I just bought a purple patterned tunic. Lavender really suits you.

    I tend to steer clear of yellow as I don't think it suits me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always steered clear of red...I don't think it's gonna be added to my wardrobe any time soon either!

    But lavender looks great on you, lucky girl!

    S
    http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! I am also loving you in the striped maxi dress below!


    Ad̬le Рhttp://moltocuriosa.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...