Wednesday 16 January 2013

Lady Bug Says ... Recipe 1 - Moroccan Lamb Stew

As I said in my New Year aims post, I wanted to start trying some new recipes, so today is the first recipe of many!

I had a look through my many recipe books and magazines and settled on a Moroccan Lamb Stew from a Good To Know Recipes magazine.

I adapted the recipe to suit 2 people and substituted a few things that I forgot to buy!

Ingredients

Meatballs
1/4 onion, finely chopped
200g mince lamb
1tsp ras el hanout spice mix
1 egg yolk

Sauce
1tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
1tsp ginger (I used dried, fresh is probably better!)
1tsp ras el hanout spice mix
1 can chopped tomatoes
Salt & Pepper to season

Method

1- For the meatballs mix in a bowl the minced lamb, onion, ras el hanout and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper and form into golf ball sized balls.
2- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meatballs for 5 mins until they start to colour.
3- Then add the rest of the onion and soften for a few minutes.
4- Add the garlic, ginger and ras el hanout and cook for a minute. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and season to taste.
5- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and add a little water if the sauce gets a little dry.

I served this with couscous flavoured with red onion and peppers and some broccoli.


It was pretty damn tasty and quick to do, much speedier than using lamb chunks. This one has earned a place on our to cook again list!

Now I just need to learn how to take decent photos of food!

2 comments:

  1. I don't usually like lamb but this sounds really tempting xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Middle Eastern food and this lamb stew is one of my favorites. My mom makes it often, but she uses chunks of lamb instead of minced lamb. I saw your spinach risotto here below and it made me hungry. Happy New Year from Rome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...