Tuesday 8 January 2013

Lady Bug Says ... Goals For The Year

I don't really like to give myself New Year's resolutions, because everyone know resolutions nearly always get broken! But I do like to give myself some aims for the following year, something to aim to do/try but not set in stone that I must!

In 2012 I aimed to...

Eat my 5 a day - I can't say that every day I got my full quota of fruit and veg, but across the week I think I did pretty well at getting my 35. I have become a big fan of a big pile of veg on my plate at dinner time

Worry less/ more positive thinking - I have really struggled with this, despite really trying to be positive, I think it is all too easy to slip into that negative frame of mind!

Read at least 1 book a month - This I did, I read 15 books on my Kindle, re read 12 books on my bookshelf and read 5 new books. 2012 was definitely the year I got back into reading and I am looking forward to reading more in 2013.

Take a photography course and learn how to use my camera properly - Yeah this didn't happen, if anything I fell kind of out of love with my camera :( I love it in the Spring/Summer months when taking photographs outside, but during the darker months, taking indoor shots just isn't working for me! Probably one of the main reasons why outfit posts have become somewhat slim on my blog! If I wasn't saving for my wedding a new camera would be on the top of my list!

So, enough of looking back, what am I aiming for in 2013?

Save for my wedding - My wedding date seems to be hurling towards me crazily fast - less than 8 months to go! The Mr and I are determined that we do not want any wedding debt after our wedding day, so these next 8 months are going to all about saving up, cutting back and a lot of wedding DIYing (something you would be interested in seeing?)

Drinking more water - I suffer a lot from headaches and not drinking enough water is probably not helping, so I am aiming for 3 pints of water a day!

Be more organised - I am one of these people that is forever putting off doing things, then leaving myself with a ton of things to do all in one go, making me more than a little stressed! So organisation is required, managing my time better and keeping on top of things!

Cooking more adventurously - I am an avid cookbook/cookery magazine purchaser, but they don't get used anywhere near as much as they should. So I want to try and cook one new recipe that I have never tried before and hopefully find some new favourites.

Have you set yourself any aims for 2013? 

3 comments:

  1. I think everyone calls them 'resolutions' but I do prefer to view them as aims or hopes, things we'd like to achieve, experience, etc. Like reading books, I have said at least 60 this year, or learn something random etc.

    I like your selection of 'aims', everyone needs a good selection. Organised is always good as it gives you a good excuse (if you are me) to swear by filofaxes & list making! Happy Hump Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only aim is to make the most of each and every day, short and sweet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can identify with most of these, esp the procrastination one! Would love to see any diy wedding bits!! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...