Wednesday 27 January 2010

Lady Bug Says ... Cheery Brights

Gosh, isn't January depressing! The excitement of Christmas is over, the realisation of how much Christmas has cost hits you, the weather is either beyond cold, or raining, or both!
So the only thing that would cheer me up a little was adding a splash of colour to my outfits. Simple things please simple minds and all that jazz!
Yesterday I wore:
Grey tshirt, H&M £4, Purple 3/4 sleeve top, MK One, £5, Cropped cardigan, Primark £10, Skinny jeans, Primark £8, Grey legwarmers, Primark £2, Vintage boots, Thrifted.
Outfit total - £29

When I saw this cardigan it was one of those 'I must have it' moments. It also seemed to then find its way into the back of my wardrobe, finally, a year later it makes its first outing!



Today I decided to continue with my cheery clothing and grabbed my favourite dress (well favourite for the moment anyway!)


I wore

Yellow shift dress, H&M £10, Long sleeved black top with sleeve details underneath, Primark £3, Boyfriend cardigan, Primark £10, Black tights, Primark £2, Riding boots, New Look £35, Necklace, gift(I think its from Accessorize) Belt, Primark £3
Outfit total - £63


I really the cute little button detailing on this Primark cotton top, plus the bargain price makes it even better!



This necklace was a gift for my 21st birthday, love the vintage feel about it, plus anything picked out by friends is always extra special.
What cheers you up at this gloomy time of year?

7 comments:

  1. Definitely, definitely bright and beautiful clothes! Nothing cheers me up more than a vivid pair of tights or bold scarf.

    I love both your outfits - that necklace is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour of that dress on you, fabulous with the necklace.
    What cheers me up at this gloomy time of year? Lots of exercises, rose wine and a flight to Goa, please!
    Vix
    xxx
    PS There's an award waiting for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo envious ... I wish we had Primark in Manila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the grey cardigan,

    and am very jealous that you pull off yellow so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the grey cardi and the necklace too :)
    Thanks for your comment, the table and chairs are a frog print, they come from a shop called Octpus..Think they may have a site now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cardi, the heart print is so cute!
    And that necklace is lovely!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both these outfits, the little cardi is so cute and cosy and purple is my favourite colour so liking the top with it too.
    And that necklace is lovely so different, and what a lovely gift!
    I think a lovely slushy, happy film, cup of tea and a cupcake cheers me up on grey days!
    Netty
    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...